Become the catcher your team depends on through app-based coaching sessions
Discover how Next Level Catching Academy is helping catchers just like you raise their level of play.
The training process matters
Get four 40-min programmed workouts every 2 weeks from our systematic development process.
Find your tribe
Share video, build relationships with our coaches/catchers and digest leadership principles within the curriculum.
Increase your value
As your skills improve, you will make a deeper impact on the game, increasing your impact.
What Makes The MaxOne/NLCA App Different?
- Follow a college-style training session from your phone or tablet
- Receive content improving all catching skills: Flexibility, footwork, agility, strength, leadership
- Acquire feedback through video analysis and chat features on the app
- Clear instruction on how to perform drills properly, why, and movements catchers want to avoid
- Ability to share video with NLCA instructors and purchase customized video analysis
Catchers play the most important defensive position on the field, yet are the most under-coached.– Next Level Catching Academy
That’s why we created a systematic training program to develop catchers, because we believe catchers deserve access to high-level training. Now, you can train anytime, anywhere with the MaxOne/Next Level app based training program.
We know catchers burn to confidently perform and separate themselves from their competition. With over a decade of experience hosting year-round training events, NLCA has helped develop hundreds of varsity, college and professional catchers. The time has come to extend our training to catchers that may not have the means to train with us in-person in Southern California and after many requests, we have brought our catching camps to directly to you.
So, what do you get?
- Eight 40-min programmed workouts each month
- Flexibility to train independently or with your teammates or coach, during, before or after practices
- 6+ hours of systematic lessons a month, with explanatory video demonstrations
- 1-hour zoom sessions per month where our catching community is built
- Access to a catching community with the shared goal of applicable knowledge
- NLCA’s best teaching practices and over 200 drills that are proven to be difference-makers
Here’s an example of the eight workout structure you get:
These workouts get mapped to a monthly calendar:
When you click on a workout, you get a breakdown like this:
What’s the investment?
$25.99/mo ($16.99/mo for the first 75 subscribers)
We’re giving you eight training sessions (approximately 40 minutes each) of systematic training for $25.99. This programmed content will be available for you to reuse and re-work through each monthly segment!
The Next Level Guarantee – You Can’t Lose!
Get a 7 day free trial (two training sessions) to ensure the clarity and effectiveness of the training sessions.
We’re so confident you’ll love this training, if you don’t feel like it’s been a worthwhile investment, you can cancel the subscription anytime.
Maximize this remote catcher-training by devoting eight to ten months into this program.
Limited time offer
To celebrate the launch of the product:
The first 75 catchers to sign up, pay a discounted rate at $16.99/mo for the duration of their subscription.
This comes out to approximately $2/training session.
Training Tools Needed:
This training program will systematically build skills and improve the overall catching experience of our catchers. Many of these drills can be done with minimal training tools, however, we have included a list of suggested training tools that will match and enhance the training videos. Most of these tools are directly connected to improving receiving skills and will challenge the mind-body connection to increase muscle memory. Some of these tools will also assist the strengthening of catcher-specific movements including arm-strength.
- Mini Golf-Whiffles
- 6″ Foam Frisbees
- Soft-Hit Foam Balls
- Tennis Balls
- Heavy ball or Plyo balls (14, 20, 32 oz)
- 60″ Wooden Dowel or 60″ PVC Pipe
- All-star Focus Framer 28″ Training Mitt
- All-star Weighted Training Mitt “The Anvil”
- Jaeger Bands
- Cuff weights and dumbells: 3, 5, or 8 lb (age appropriate)
- Bonus Tool: Pitching Machine for fastballs
- Extra Bonus: Curveballs too!