Become the coach that will build a legacy of championship catchers for your college or high school program.
DISCOVER HOW NLCA’S ONLINE CATCHING CURRICULUM CAN HELP YOU WIN THE BATTLE BEHIND THE PLATE.
What’s the investment?
$90/three month training season (or opt for the $35/month plan)
This programmed content will be available for you to reuse and review through each training season. Within each season coaches and catchers will have the ability to go back and revisit drills or instructional segments that are most effective. Not only are coaches investing in their programs and their catchers, but they are also investing in themselves as quality catching instructors are some of the toughest positions to fill and bring great opportunity to those looking to coach at the higher levels.
Get a 7-day free trial (two workout sessions) and cancel anytime.
Maximize this catcher training program by devoting yourself to this training season (Preseason: January-March) and experiencing the effectiveness to lead your catching crew.
Subscribe, download the MaxOne app and create a Coach’s Profile to receive updates, notes, and announcements.
What Makes The MaxOne/NLCA App Unique (catching curriculum)?
- Follow college-style training sessions from your phone, computer, or tablet.
- Receive content improving all catching skills: Blocking, throwing, flexibility, footwork, agility, specialty plays, etc.
- Clear instructions on how to perform drills properly, why, and how, including movements to avoid.
That’s why we created a systematic training program where coaches can develop catchers and bring high-level training to their catchers. We will break up the year into three different training seasons and coaches/catchers will have the ability to adjust and repeat skills and sessions to fit their needs.
Fall-season: October-December. Heavy on mobility, flexibility, and the catching fundy’s while catchers make gains in the weight room, foot-speed, and all aspects of arm-care.
Pre-season: January-March. A mixture of mobility, athleticism, catching fundy’s, and conditioning of the body.
Championship season: April-June. This is the maintenance skill phase, while we challenge higher levels of concentration and anticipation in these sessions, catchers will also share a focus on flexibility and recovery to keep them strong and healthy for the playoff run.
Summer season: July-September. This will once again be a mixture of content that will hit the fundamentals while focusing on instruction and the locking in our best teaching practices.
We know catchers burn to confidently perform and separate themselves from their competition. With over a decade of experience hosting year-round training events, NLCA has helped develop thousands of varsity, college, and professional catchers. The time has come to extend our training to catchers that may not have the means to train with us in-person in Southern California and after many requests, we have brought our catching camps directly to you.
So, what do I get with my subscription?
- Three months of seasonal systematic work for catchers
- Eight programmed workouts each month, with a total of approximately 40 drills per month
- Explanatory video demonstrations that include a focus, keys to success, and movements to avoid.
- Access to a catching community with the shared goal of applicable knowledge
- Flexibility to break up the workouts for your catchers and build practice plans or pre-game routines.
- NLCA’s best teaching practices and over 270 drills that are proven to be difference-makers
Training Tools To Consider:
This training program will systematically build skills and improve the overall catching experience of our catchers. Many of these drills can be done with minimal training tools, however, we have included a list of suggested training tools that will match and enhance the training videos. Most of these tools are directly connected to improving receiving skills and will challenge the mind-body connection to increase muscle memory. Some of these tools will also assist the strengthening of catcher-specific movements including arm-strength.
- Mini Golf-Whiffles
- 6″ Foam Frisbees
- Soft-Hit Foam Balls
- Tennis Balls
- Heavy ball or Plyo balls (14, 20, 32 oz)
- 60″ Wooden Dowel or 60″ PVC Pipe
- All-star Focus Framer 29″ Training Mitt
- All-star Weighted Training Mitt “The Anvil”
- Jaeger Bands
- Cuff weights and dumbells: 3, 5, or 8 lb.
- Pitching Machine: fastballs and breaking balls